Newly published research from two Government departments has highlighted the key reasons why businesses partner with occupational health (OH) providers.
The Department for Work and Pensions and the Department of Health and Social Care teamed up to conduct a survey of employers.
The ‘Employers’ Motivations and Practices’ survey showed that the situations in which OH was most commonly used were:
- Supporting staff with mental or physical ill health;
- Supporting a return to work;
- Attracting and retaining talent;
- Investigating under-performance or poor conduct;
- Verifying medical statements or health surveillance.
The survey went on to reveal that the most common services for dealing with these situations were:
- Work station assessment;
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy;
- Physical health screening or assessment.
The report also highlighted the reasons why employers were most likely to engage OH services. The three principal reasons were:
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- To reduce costs and improve business efficiency;
- To support and improve employee health and wellbeing.
The research also showed that those employers which had invested in a long-term approach to occupational health were more likely to see the benefits of such a service and the implications in terms of enhanced productivity and improved employee wellbeing and happiness.
FOHCUS works with companies to put in place bespoke wellbeing plans from a clinician’s perspective.
We recognise that a one-size-fits-all approach does not work as every business has different requirements depending on the nature of their work and the sector in which they operate.
We have established ourselves as the North West’s leading provider of occupational health services with a simple and straightforward message.
Our team is here to work with organisations to ensure that their employees are healthy, safe and productive.
We work with a range of sectors including education, manufacturing, assembly, haulage, construction and high-tech, providing bespoke packages of care and advice, based on the needs of the employer and the requirement of its staff.
- To arrange your free company health check, call 0151 601 2444 or email: email@example.com
To read the ‘Employers’ Motivations and Practices’ report in full go to: